28 Wimpole St, Marylebone, London W1G 8GW UK
November 19th - 20th 2021
Dr. Isabella Rocchietta, Dr. David Nisand
Maximum number of participants:
Guided Bone Regeneration,
Soft Tissue Management (around implants),
Soft Tissue Management (around teeth)
Hands-on with model (animal, cadaver, plastic)
How to build bone and save teeth in challenging cases
- The prerequisite for delivering dental implants in a correct three-dimensional position is to have sufficient volume of bone. Moderate to severe bone defects are quite common and therefore constitute a significant challenge to the clinician.
Skilled use of regenerative materials can overcome patients’ morbidity associated with the use of large autogenous grafts.
- This masterclass provides the knowledge and skills needed to use Guided Bone Regeneration techniques to allow dentists to manage severe alveolar bone defects with or without dental implants.
- In addition, the course imparts regenerative techniques that can be used to save severely periodontally compromised teeth.
- This skillset will enable dentists to treat even the most challenging cases with cutting edge technology.
This hands-on course will be delivered in small group workshops and will equip the student with the necessary skills and knowledge to achieve success even in complex cases. Participants will develop their biological understanding and surgical techniques to guide them during the decision-making process.
Upon successful completion of this masterclass, students will be able to:
- Correct diagnosis and case selection using specific guidelines for full assessment of the patient.
- Know when and how a tooth can be saved by means of periodontal regeneration.
- Live experience of the challenges of a vertical bone augmentation surgery, with particular emphasis on the precise steps of the surgical procedure.
- Tips and tricks of successful Guided Bone Regeneration and how to avoid surgical pitfalls.
- Confidence in treating patients with bone defects by applying Guided Bone Regeneration techniques.
- Handling soft tissues during Guided Bone Regeneration to achieve success.