Geistlich Bio-Gide® Compressed is based on Geistlich Bio-Gide®, the leading collagen membrane for oral tissue regeneration.1,2 Due to its bilayer structure, the membrane not only prevents ingrowth of soft tissue into the augmented site, but also acts as a guide for the appropriate cascade of bone, soft tissue and blood vessel development. The compressed membrane should be used in combination with void-filling bone graft material such as autologous bone or Geistlich Bio-Oss® or Geistlich Bio-Oss® Collagen.
Geistlich Bio-Gide® Compressed is naturally resorbable and does not have to be removed in a second surgery. Thereby it simplifies the operation technique.
Geistlich Bio-Gide® Compressed: Feel the difference!
- Geistlich Bio-Gide® Compressed has been designed by Geistlich's collagen experts to offer a membrane that combines the unique biofunctionality of Geistlich Bio-Gide® with an alternative handling.
- Geistlich Bio-Gide® Compressed has a smoother surface, a firmer feel and is easier to cut than Geistlich Bio-Gide®.
- Just like Geistlich Bio-Gide® the membrane does not have to be removed in a second surgery.
- Long-term data over 12 to 14 years show predictable results of GBR treatments with Geistlich Bio-Oss® and Geistlich Bio-Gide®.3
Geistlich Bio-Gide® is the leading collagen membrane1,2, validated by 20 years of successful use in more than 4.5 million patients and documented in more than 250 scientific publications.4 Geistlich Bio-Gide® Compressed is based on Geistlich Bio-Gide®, offering an alternative handling for those dentists who prefer a firmer membrane.
- iData Research Inc., US Dental Bone Graft Substitutes and other Biomaterials Market, 2015.
- iData Inc., European Dental Bone Graft Substitutes and other Biomaterials Market, 2015.
- Jung RE, et al.: Clin Oral Implants Res. 2013; 24(10):1065-73.
- Pubmed September 2016. Search Term: Bio-Gide.